TEN CANINE COMMANDMENTS
Truly, Maggie and Walker were perusing Pinterest and came across this. They told me they endorse the canine commandments. They changed a few things but it's pretty much intact:
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful. Remember that before you buy/adopt me.
- Give me time to understand what you want from me.
- Place your trust in me. It's crucial to my well-being.
- Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you.
- Speak to me often. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your tone of voice. I love it when your tone is happy!
- Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
- Don’t hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
- Before you scold me for being uncooperative or obstinate, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old. You will grow old, too.
- When I am old, or when I no longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is taken gently. And be with me on that difficult journey when it’s time to say goodbye. Never say, “I just can’t bear to watch.” Everything is easier for me when you are there.
Remember that I love you.